2023 John P. Johnson III
The JCAG Scholarship Committee presents a scholarship check to several high school students who meet college eligibility. The students are chosen based on the following criteria:
1. The student must be college eligible and is planning on attending a college, university or trade/technical school after they graduate and submit a letter of acceptance to their Probation Officer, Mediator or JCAG Member.
2. The student must have been court involved since the beginning of the current school year of August 2022.
3. The student must attach their most recent progress report card and Submit an essay on “Why they should be chosen for this scholarship” and be turned in to their probation officer, mediator or any JCAG member, who in turn will submit the essay to their appropriate court representative.
4. The Court Representative will forward the essay to Charlatte Smith, Henry County Juvenile Court, 88 Keys Ferry St. McDonough, Ga. 30253 or email@example.com
5. Charlatte Smith will present the essay to the executive board for voting. The child, parent and court officer will be notified of the selection. The student and parent will be presented with the scholarship at the JCAG Conference Awards Luncheon.